- 1 Buyer's Guide
- 2 Top Picks
- 3 BLACK-DECKER-LPP120 Lithium Pole
- 4 WORX WG309 Electric Pole Saw
- 5 Ivation Telescoping Electric Pole Chain Saw
- 6 Oregon Volt MAX PS250 Pole Saw on Cordless 40
- 7 GreenWorks 20672 G-MAX Cordless Pole Saw
- 8 Remington RM2599 Maverick
- 9 Earthwise CPS40108
- 10 TrimmerPlus PS720 Pole Saw with Bar and Chain
- 11 Sun Joe SWJ800E Telescoping Electric Pole Chain Saw
- 12 Remington RM1025SPS Ranger Electric Chainsaw/Pole Saw Combo
- 13 CONCLUSION
- BLACK-DECKER-LPP120 Lithium Pole
- 6.3 lbs
- Battery Powered
- 8.12 x 8.25 x 44.5 in
- Read review
- WORX WG309 Electric Pole Saw
- 10 lbs
- " 8 x 42 x 9 in"
- Read review
- Ivation Telescoping Electric Pole Chain Saw
- 9.7 lbs
- 67.5 x 7.8 x 3.1 in
- Read review
- Oregon Volt MAX PS250 Pole Saw on Cordless 40
- 10.8 lbs
- Battery Powered
- " 4 x 75 x 5 in"
- Read review
- GreenWorks 20672 G-MAX Cordless Pole Saw
- 7.96 lbs
- Battery Powered
- 7 x 107 x 7.5 in
- Read review
What Is Your Budget?
From under $100, $250, $500, and $1000, there are realistic, practical, and available models in each category. Note that the most expensive pole saws are not necessarily the best when it comes to what works for you as an individual.
Extension and Reach
Gone are the days when you had to use a ladder to get to a branch that's hard to reach. Most of the models have a range between 8 and 12 feet, giving you an idea of what to expect.
The bar length refers to the length of the area covered by the chain on end. The longer the length of this bar, the higher the chances of it being able to tackle thick, difficult branches.
Size of Branches to be Trimmed
Your pole saw choice for thick and tough branches would not be the same for thinner, softwood branches several inches across. The later will be easier to trim. The bar length gives a rough estimate about what kind of wood the saw can cut.
The frequency of use of your desired pole saw and your gardening habits will determine whether or not you’ll want to get a gas-powered pole saw which will be ideal for daily use.
Most pole saws weigh between ten to twenty-one pounds. The electric pole saws are hardly up to twenty pounds; this is seen commonly in gas-powered
Seeing as they are lightweight, they should be easy to use.
Although it is not advisable to focus on only brand names when choosing a pole saw. But, here are some reliable and reputable brands that are worth keeping an eye out for when shopping:
- Troy Bilt
|This particular cordless pole saw is very lightweight. Thus, making pruning trees less strenuous on the arms, neck, back, and shoulders.||There is a possibility of this pole saw’s chain coming loose after a few cuts. This might cause a safety hazard for the user.|
|The battery charges quickly within a couple of hours and you can leave it in the charger afterward.||The full extension of the pole saw (which is about up to 14 feet) does not feel very stable. It's even a little bit wobbly making it a little tricky to use for beginners.|
|This cordless pole saw is almost noiseless. It means that you can go through the cutting process without damaging your hearing from the chainsaw’s noise.||The manufacturer does not include adequate batteries or oil to charge or lubricate the machine effectively.|
|This cordless pole saw will save you time on having to plug it in. You can even save money on purchasing fuel for the gas-powered one. This helps to cut time and thus making it cost-effective.||This pole saw is a little costlier than the other cordless models.|
|It has a decent reach.|
|The Battery is interchangeable with other Black & Decker products.|
WORX WG309 is an interesting and unique product. Whether as a beginner or an experienced pruner, this pole saw makes your pruning experience smooth. You even can do an easy transition from a chainsaw to a pole saw as it attaches with no tools.
- Patented auto-tension chain system for extended bar & chain life.
- Powerful 8 amp motor offers consistent performance.
- Rotatable working handle for easy pruning.
- 8-foot extension pole with tool-less installation.
- Compact and lightweight design.
The chain tensioning system, along with the automatic oil pump with a level indicator makes it easier to operate and maintain.
We love it because it is easy to cut through thick branches and other items.
Many users on Amazon have said that they have not found any problems with assembling the saw. Also, most of them would recommend this pole saw to anyone. If you hold onto it, it’s a workhorse that will chew whatever you throw at it. With the WORX WG309 Electric Pole Saw, you cut through tree branches as you cut through butter.
|This particular pole saw consists of an auto-tension mechanism. It works well for cutting straight into tree branches faster.||Since it only goes up to ten inches, this pole saw is one of the shorter brands on this list. It might not be useful to reach the top branches of the trees.|
|It also contains a belt clip for better stabilization. This might help when working with harder, thicker branches, and limbs. Compared with a gas pole saw, this specific one is less noisy. Therefore giving you a calmer and more enjoyable pruning experience.||There might be some problems with the lubrication system which sometimes fails to do its job. Thereby making the machine go dry and susceptible to wearing down and getting stuck faster.|
|Pleasant pruning experience.||The chain might lose its sharpness pretty fast. Hence, requiring constant re-sharpening for future projects.|
|It has a comfortable grip, so you can work for longer hours without feeling as much discomfort.|
|It is also available at a reasonable price.|
Weighing about 9.7 pounds, this gardening beauty can trim away hedges and also through thick branches. Ivation’s pole chain saw is a useful tool to have. While also being friendly to the environment as an electric pole saw. Thus keeping your plants fresh and in good condition while pruning.
- Telescoping Pole Saw Reaches 8.8 Feet. This provides 15' feet high above ground reach to cut tall branches without a ladder.
- Self-tension Oregon sawing chain measures 8”. With a powerful 6.5 amp electric motor to slice through thick and thin branches and logs with no effort.
- The ergonomic handle is rubber wrapped for comfort and reduced hand fatigue. Its easy flip and lock clamps allow for secure and quick-adjusting of pole length.
- The automatic lubrication system keeps chain cutting always smooth; The bonus oil bottle included.
Includes plastic cover slides over the blade for safety and storage throughout winter. CSA approved with a 1-year warranty.
The Oregon bar and chain proved to last through many years of garden maintenance. For safety and optimal storage during the winter months, they included plastic cover slides over the bar and chain for full coverage.
We love this Pole saw because of it’s incredible cutting power and ease of use.
|Ivation’s pole saw contains an automatic lubrication system. Also, with an 80-mL tank to maintain the lubricant intact, as well as an extra bottle in case the old one runs out.||While it comes with an extra bottle of oil, lubricant tends to run out fast. As the pole saw needs to be frequent lubrication when operating.|
|The pole saw’s well-designed rubble handles reduce the number of vibrations felt throughout the machine. Thereby making it easier to handle.||It does not come with a detachable saw.|
|It also has plastic cover slides to protect the Oregon bar and chain, as well as keep you safe from harm.|
|This pole saw can cut smoothly through branches as thick as 3 inches while high up in the air.|
|It has a powerful motor and a 2-year warranty.|
Oregon Volt MAX PS250 Pole Saw provides excellent weight distribution and balance with its mid-mount motor design. It's all part of the wonderful gardening experience with this pole saw.
- Mid-mount motor design for better tool balance and reduced elevated weight. The planetary gear reduction system produces a proficient transfer of power.
- 40V MAX Lithium-Ion Power for up to 500 cuts on 2-3" branches. Premium cell technology with constant no-fade power.
- Compact Cutting Head - 8" Bar and cast aluminum branch removal hook. It allows for improved cutting agility and increased line of sight to cut area.
- Ergonomically engineered to be lightweight, balanced, low-vibration, & quiet. Oval, extendable fiberglass shaft helps rigidity and maneuverability.
- Instant Start - Freedom from cords, No gas-oil mixing, No pull cords, No warm-up, No emissions.
Although it starts fast, the battery of Oregon’s Volt MAX electric pole saw can vary on lifespan and functionality. However, we like that it slices through a variety of different types of wood. It can slice through hard and soft—and is easy to lug around when going from tree to tree.
|The lithium-ion-powered battery has about one hour’s worth in it, which is enough to get much of your pruning done. It also has a spare, with which you can switch out quickly.||The battery that comes along with the product is quite a hit-or-miss. Sometimes it works, while other times it might not. Thus requiring you to plug it in.|
|The pole saw contains a carrying strap, which is good for lugging around from project to project.||The assembly instructions for the pole saw are not very clear. This might cause frustration during the initial pruning processes.|
|It cuts through any tough wood you can think of: bamboo, hickory, even oak trees.||It tends to be difficult in cutting through tree limbs at a sharp angle. Thus requiring chain adjustments.|
|You can extend this pole saw up to 10 feet. That is long enough to get to hard-to-reach places on individual tree branches.|
|It is a powerful and efficient tool for pruning.|
|Instant start- free from cords, no gas-oil mixing, no pull cords, no warm-up, and no emissions.|
|Efficient transfer of power due to a custom-designed planetary gear reduction system.|
|Ergonomic engineering for a steady low vibration and quiet tool.|
- G-MAX 40V Li-Ion Battery System powers various tools for the complete yard system. It includes a 2Ah battery and a charger.
- 8-Inch bar and chain for easy trimming of branches.
- Easy-adjust chain tensioning system for quick tightening of the chain.
- An automatic oiler applies oil to bar and chain when needed. Thus, to ensure durability and optimal use with a translucent oil tank for a clear view of oil level.
- You can extend the 3-piece aluminum shaft to 8 ft. for the longer reach.
|An 8-inch bar for easy trimming of branches.||It's more expensive compared to others.|
|An easy to adjust chain tensioning system for quick tightening of the chain.|
|The automatic oiler feature applies oil to bar and chain when needed. Thus, ensuring durability and optimal use with a translucent oil tank for a clear view of the oil level.|
|You can extend the three-piece aluminum shaft to 8 ft for the longer reach.|
|Ease when cutting.|
- This gas pole saw is an easy-to-use design used to cut limbs and branches without the need for a ladder
- 25cc 2-cycle engine has plenty of power to conquer tough tasks
- 8-inch bar and chain are mounted on a 7-foot extension pole, allowing the user to reach up to 12 feet
- The auto oiler maks sure the chain is always properly lubricated
- Accepts most attachments, which turn this saw into a blower, hedge trimmer, edger, and more.
When you buy from this brand, it comes with RM2599 Gas pole saw, 2-cycle oil, and Operator's Manual.
It holds its own against major competitors in the market. The versatile nature of the design, combined with several outstanding features makes the price tag seem great value for money. It had many ratings from people who have purchased this model. Hence, it definitely backs up this statement, with plenty of happy people posting feedback around the net.
What we love about this model is the fact that it is easy to lift without the hassle and you get value for your money.
|25cc 2-cycle gas engine||Connectors to the pole sometimes get loose.|
|QuickStart technology makes the pull starts easier.|
|Low-kickback 8-inch bar and chain with the auto oiler.|
|Reaches up to 12 feet with a 7-foot extension pole.|
|You can use the engine with attachments such as a blower, hedge trimmer, edger, and more.|
|Accepts most attachments, which turn this saw into a blower, hedge trimmer, edger, and more.|
|Ideal for trimming and pruning hard-to-reach branches.|
|Backed by a 2-year limited warranty.|
- 18 V / 1.7 AH Ni-Cad Battery
- Adjustable Handle Length to 9-Feet
- Lightweight Fiberglass Telescopic Pole
- Automatic Bar and Chain Oiling
- 8-Inch Oregon Chain and Bar
We love it because it is budget-friendly and works for your needs.
|Very easy to use.||Not as powerful as more expensive models.|
|Good power and cutting ability.||Somewhat limited reach.|
|Decent reach.||Bar and chain need lubricating more often.|
|Little to no maintenance.|
You don't need to use the full-throttle option for cutting through regular-sized branches. As the power provided by the motor is adequate. You can use the full throttle when cutting through trees with thick trunks to get the desired result. Other than that, cutting though think branches is a piece of cake.
- This pole saw's expansive height makes it perfect for trimming high branches
- 8-inch bar and chain with auto oiler saws through branches
- Connects to attachment-capable trimmers, including Troy-Bilt, Remington, and Craftsman
- Backed by a 2-year limited warranty
- It can reach up to 12 feet with a 7-foot pole and saw (depending on operator height). Two extension sections allow for two height options
Finally, if you’re sick of littering your garage with hundreds of dollars of lawn equipment. Hence, you want to simplify your gear cache by going for the popular all-in-one option, this pole saw is an excellent value.
|Lighter and easier to use.||Less powerful compared to other pole saw within the same price category.|
|Big enough to handle decent sized trees.||Loud operation.|
|Cuts well, chainstays on the track.|
|The automatic oiler works well.|
|Backed by a two-year limited warranty.|
|The tool’s expansive height makes it perfect for trimming high branches.|
- Ideal for cutting overhanging limbs and thin logs
- Telescoping pole extends to 8.7 ft to provide 15 ft of overhead reach
- Powerful 6.5-amp motor cuts branch up to 7.5-inches thick
- 8-inch Oregon cutting bar and chain with automatic lubrication
- CSA approved; Full 2-year warranty
Tackle Those Hard-to-Reach Branches With Ease.
The Sun Joe Saw Joe pole chain saw takes the danger and difficulty out of trimming your overgrown trees. Stand safely on solid ground and only adjust Saw Joe’s telescoping pole to gain up to 15 feet of overhead reach.
Although the saw of SunJoe's isn’t detachable from the pole, it does feature an automatic oiler. It is an excellent addition not usually found on many electric pole saws. While oil comes with the SunJoe, as is the case with most electric pole saws, you’ll need to buy more for proper routine maintenance. In the end, the SunJoe SWJ800E Electric Pole Chain Saw isn’t the longest electric pole saw available. It doesn’t get mentioned in many electric pole saw reviews as well. But, it’s an above-average electric saw with an affordable price tag and a track record of performance.
|It has a built-in safety switch to prevent accidental switching.||You can't use it in an area with no electricity.|
|Electrically-powered up hence no need for extra expenses like battery or gas.||Relatively costly.|
|No smoke or fumes produced since the device is electrically powered.|
|Up to a reach of 15 ft, only a few chainsaws can reach this high.|
If you are looking to make life easier cutting those harder to reach branches, the RM1015SPS model from Remington could be the perfect product for you.
- This 2-in-1 detachable pole saw is the perfect tool for hard-to-reach small limb trimming.
- A powerful 8-amp electric motor drives the saw with a low-kickback 10-inch bar and chain.
- The saw can cut high branches 10-feet to 15-feet overhead.
- Easy flip and lock clamps quickly secure pole length. Along with a non-slip grip for comfortable use.
- The chainsaw can be quickly detached from the pole without tools.
It also has a non-slip grip for comfortable use and is ideal for trimming and pruning hard to reach branches.
|Ideal for trimming hard to reach branches.||Not as powerful as it seems.|
|Anti-rotation pole design for stable use.||Some customers complained about it leaking oil.|
|Ten ft best electric pole saw with a maximum reach of 15 feet.|
|Easy flip and lock clamps with quickly secure pole length.|
|It comes with a two-year limited warranty in case of any dysfunctionality.|
If you like this article, you can visit our homepage.