- 225g (1 ½ Cups) Strong plain white flour or plain wholemeal flour.
- 1 level teaspoon salt.
- 1 level teaspoon sugar.
- 15g (1 level tablespoon) soft tub margarine.
- 1 sachet (6g) easy blend dried yeast or fast action easy blend dried yeast.
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) warm water – NOT HOT!
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar, salt, oil and 3 cups flour. …
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 8-10 minutes. …
- Punch dough down. …
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and bread sounds hollow when tapped.
Moist Banana Bread with Raisins
This moist banana bread recipe is simple. However, it is important that you pay extra attention to the state and amount of banana that you will use. Overripe bananas are best, as far as I am concerned. It is also recommended to use 2 extra large bananas, or 3 medium-sized bananas to attain the best possible result.
You can use a Pyrex loaf pan (like what I did), or any regular aluminum or metal loaf pan that you have available when baking the banana bread– it does not matter. However, since not all ovens work the same, I suggest that you check if your moist banana bread with raisins is done within 45 minutes of baking using the toothpick test. Simply stick a piece of toothpick into your banana bread and pull it out completely. If it comes out clean, then you can remove the bread from the oven. Otherwise, continue to bake until the bread is completely done.Moist Banana Bread with RaisinsPrep timeCook timeTotal timeThis is a recipe for moist banana bread with raisinsRecipe type: Bread
- 2 large ripe bananas (or 3 medium bananas), mashed
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cooking oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces raisins
- ¾ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 340F
- Beat eggs in a mixing bowl
- Add the bananas and oil. Continue to mix until the ingredients are well blended. Set aside.
- On a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and raisins. Mix well.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the banana mixture. Continue to fold until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add the vanilla extract. Mix.
- Grease a loaf pan and then pour the mixture on it.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test
- Remove from the oven and let it cool down. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Slice the banana bread with raisins and arrange on a serving plate.
- Serve. Share and enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea.
For more recipe’s you can visit our page @amazingmachines.