- 1 Top 5 Small Chainsaws that Will Change Your Perception of Yard work
- 2 Remington RM1425 Limb N Trim 8 Amp 14- Inch Electric Chainsaw
- 3 Black & Decker LCS1020 20V Max Lithium Ion Chainsaw
- 4 WORX WG303.1 16-Inch Chain Saw, 3.5 HP 14.5 Amp
- 5 Poulan P3314 14-Inch 33cc 2-Cycle Gas-Powered Chain Saw
- 6 Black & Decker PHS550B 3.4 Amp Powered Handsaw
You wouldn’t want to always carry around a hefty chainsaw, particularly when it is part of a large variety of tools. You also cannot always depend on big chainsaws to be as versatile and mobile as compact and small chainsaws. Also, if a small chainsaw is enough for your needs, why go for a bigger and more expensive chainsaw?
A wide selection of small chainsaws is available in the market that you can study before you buy anything. Most of the smaller chainsaws are designed to endure anything except the largest trees. With powerful motors, 16-inch chains, ultra efficient systems, the smaller chainsaws are great for hedge trimming and cleaning up your yard.
Top 5 Small Chainsaws that Will Change Your Perception of Yard work
Looking for the perfect chainsaw that you will use for life can be tough, considering the large variety of choices that you need to choose from. That’s why we have laid out the best among the best small chainsaws in the market. Whether you want electric, gas, corded or cordless, you will surely find what you are looking for. Here are the top 5 best small chainsaws as of today.[go_pricing id=”top5small_chainsaws”]
With very affordable prices, Remington has made it to the top-selling chainsaw makers in the market today. The Remington RM1425 is a 14-inch, electric-corded chainsaw with a low kickback bar and chain. Plus, it is among the most lightweight and compact small chainsaws in the market that uses only a small amount of oil to complete your tasks. It features an external chain tensioner, making it easier to adjust the chain tension, without slowing you down.
- Electric 8-amp small chainsaw
- 14 inch bar to get the job done
- Ready-to-use right out of the box
- Very compact and ergonomic
Black & Decker always provides the best experience with their powerful chainsaws. The Black & Decker LCS1020 is a compact model with a premium 10-inch kick bar and chain. It also features a tool-free blade tension adjuster for a non-stop operation, allowing you to finish sooner. It has a wrap around handle for easy grip and the 20V battery that will keep the chainsaw running long enough to finish the job. It is very lightweight at 7.2 pounds so you carrying it around will never get you tired.
- Safe design and sturdy built, ideal for any occasion
- Lightweight, compact and powerful
- Ergonomic and has low kickback
- Oil level gauge is easy to read
Powerful as a gas-powered chainsaw, the WORX WG303 has a 3.5 horsepower and 14.5 amps with a low kickback and chain safety stop that will help you get the job done. It is a 16-inch chainsaw that features an auto-chain lubrication system and a chain mechanism that keeps the right tension to ensure operator’s safety when using it. Replacing and installing a new chain is tool-free.
- No need to mix fuel and oil
- Compact, lightweight and ergonomic
- Fairly large 14.5 amp motor with 3.5 HP
- Powerful 16-inch bar that can cut through anything
If you are looking for a gas-powered, compact chainsaw, the Poulan P3314 is perfect for you. It may have a low rating compared to the others, but among the gas-powered small chainsaws, this particular model stands out.
The Poulan P3314 is a 14-inch 33cc gas-powered chainsaw that is light enough to carry around the yard to finish small and big tasks without a problem. It has a primer bulb for easier starting and an auto oiling system. Â Â Being gas-powered, this model is not as highly rated as the electric chainsaws in the market.
- 28-inch diameter cutting ability
- Very clean air filter system for longer product life
- Large motor to finish tough jobs
- Heavier than most small chainsaws at 17.2 lbs.
The Black & Decker PHS550B is a unique tool that can be used for a handful of small tasks. Cut wood and metal with perfectly no drag, and destroying small branches too. It is ideal for cutting more than just trees. Ideal for cutting through pipes, branches, posts and more. Powerful with a 3.4 amp motor that brings 4,600 cuts per minute but it’s compact and lightweight.
- Small and compact but very powerful
- Great for almost any household work
- Replacement of blade is tool-free
- 6-foot electric-cord for easy indoor use
Now that you have an idea of the best small chainsaws of 2015, read our article to get a glimpse of our review for the best chainsaws to kickstart your 2019!