Last Updated on June 13, 2020 by MakeThingsReal
Chainsaws are widely used these days for a number of good reasons. If you are one of the many interested buyers searching for electric chainsaw reviews to find the best model for your needs, this in-depth review will definitely be of great help to you.
While some people link chainsaws with slasher/serial killer movies, truth is, chainsaws are becoming more and more popular to cutters and laymen at the present age. Professional or homeowner, you will need a chainsaw with specific set of features. While this review focuses on the WORX WG304.1 Chainsaw, which is by far not the strongest, but produces much less noise compared to gas powered rivals. Generally speaking, it is very convenient to handle and mostly ideal for houses with easy to access outlets near the yard.
Features and Specs
Here are some of the distinguishing features to love about the WORX WG304.1 Chainsaw:
- Built and designed for ease of use even for beginners
- Has specialized features that prevent over tightening of the saw, thus extending the life of the entire unit
- Equipped with 4 horsepower motor, a mechanism that’s powerful enough to handle the toughest jobs
- Built with a chain brake facility for safety and injury prevention
- Uses 120 volts of electricity, meaning it does not take too much of the electricity
- It’s eco-friendly (given that it is powered by electricity) and backed with two year warranty
- Package includes the main saw, some useful attachments, one scabbard, 1 quart of chain oil, and operating instruction
Based on our tests, the WORX WG304.1 18-inch Chainsaw was the fastest cutting electric model so far. We grabbed a test log and it sliced it within a matter of seconds. What we’re amazed about this chainsaw is that it doesn’t produce noise levels higher than 90 decibels.
Because it’s an electric model, it starts quickly and easily. To power it on, you will need to hold the chain brake and then press the trigger. While this may make starting quite difficult, you can eventually get a sturdy grip once you get the hang of it.
If you are in the market for a cutting tool for forestry or ranching jobs, this may not be the best option since it is powered by electricity. However, you also have the option of using a lengthy extension cord or a portable generator.
The thing about electric chainsaws is that they are less powerful than gas-powered units; however, they are much cleaner, quieter, and make an ideal option for individuals living in the suburbs. In addition, they require less maintenance procedures.
- The valuable auto-tensioning feature increases the life of the whole unit, which lies on its oversized knob.
- Since the chain is kept well-secured, the saw increases in efficiency having the right amount of tension as it operates.
- It’s free from gas and emissions, so it does not harm the environment in any way.
- It’s super easy to use and does not need too much time to get ascertain to.
- The full-wrap front handle and over molded rear handle gives off comfort and convenience during the operation.
- The chainsaw is also designed with an automatic oiler, providing constant lubrication to the bar and chain.
- You can easily tell if the 6.75-ounce oil reservoir is running short of oil through its level indicator.
- It comes fully assembled so you can use it right out of the box.
- It has metal dogs at the base of the 18-inch saw, adding stability while cutting.
- The chain is quite easy to replace, even without the use of any hand tools.
- It’s also tested to use minimal operating costs, contrary to gas powered models.
Verified users have expressed awe in the WORX WG304.1 4HP Chainsaw. However, there are some that complained about spare parts availability in some areas.
For people looking for a decent residential chainsaw, the WORX WG304.1 Chainsaw will serve you well. Whether your task is clearing bushes or fallen branches of trees, this monster makes a reliable companion. As we have mentioned above, it is super lightweight and quiet and can accomplish loads of tough jobs at home. It is quite stable, comfortable to use, doesn’t require much time to get accustomed to, and has the right features for safety and efficiency.
Overall, we strongly recommend investing in this highly-acclaimed chainsaw. The price doesn’t require spending much. The lengthy warranty period and generous guarantee terms are great bonuses as well. Reviews from verified users are quite appealing as well, which only means it is of great value. Considering the many advantages and only one disadvantage of this model, we can fairly say that it is worth the expense. Consider choosing the WORX WG304.1 Chainsaw. For all you know, it might be the sole machine you need for a spotless lawn at home.
Click here for the staging.amazing.info The Ultimate Chainsaw Review Site.